Welcome to the Democratic Party of Loudoun County.
We are a diverse group of people with as many reasons for being involved as there are people in the community. We have young democrats who want to make a positive contribution to their futures and the future of their families. There are members whose families have always been active Democrats. Then there are also members who, due to recent shifts in the other Party, have joined us with a gusto and commitment that astonish longstanding members.
The principle that drives the Democratic Party is: Out of many, we are one.
Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.
It’s a simple but powerful idea: we are stronger together.
We are stronger when:
- we have an economy that works for everyone.
- race stops playing a significant role in determining who gets ahead in America and who gets left behind. We must face that reality and we must fix it.
- a good education is a basic right of all Americans, no matter what zip code they live in.
- Americans balance work and family without fear of punishment or penalty.
- greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street is brought to an end.
- we protect citizens’ right to vote, not corporations’ and billionaires’ right to buy elections.
- climate change is under control and the real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children’s health and futures is eliminated.
Above all, Democrats are the party of inclusion. We know that diversity is not our problem—it is our promise. As Democrats, we respect differences of perspective and belief, and pledge to work together to move this country forward, even when we disagree. We do not merely seek common ground—we strive to reach higher ground.